This program was designed to make the smallest change to your eating yet create the biggest difference in your health!
You might have heard that you need to lose weight to get healthy. After all, obesity is a health risk, right?
Hold on for a second—not quite. It’s actually the opposite. You need to flip that idea: First get healthy to lose weight. Healthy bodies do not accumulate extra fat. If we look at the definition of the word food, we learn something very interesting:
FOOD n. that which is eaten to sustain life, provide energy, and promote the growth and repair of tissues; nourishment [Old English foda, “nourishment”]
It’s the nourishment in the food that gives us health. It’s not about the calories in the food from carbs, proteins, or fats; it’s about the nutrients PERIOD. If you refocus on consuming the foods with the highest level of nutrients, you will produce the most health and therefore the most weight loss. This is one of those “oh, yeah…of course” realizations
Did you know…
One cup of kale gives you 18,000 units of vitamin A, not to mention tons of vitamin K and 10x more vitamin C than spinach. It has more iron than beef, more calcium than milk, and lots of phytonutrients, which provides additional health benefits. Wow!!!
There are very few foods that contain more nutrients than kale. Parsley does contain a little bit more nutrition than kale, but it’s hard to swallow. It’s also interesting to note that kale and parsley are the main garnishes you see on the plate in restaurants. No one eats them, yet they are the healthiest thing on the plate.
Most of us know that our bodies need a certain amount of nutrients per day to stay healthy, yet few know the quantity needed. It used to be said that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Well, that was true in 1965. Nowadays, due to soil nutrient depletion, it would take 6 apples a day to equal certain nutrients that you would see in one apple in 1965. This is another reason to choose our foods based on nutrients and consume kale shakes.
Let’s take a look at vitamin A. Each of the foods below provides the daily requirements of vitamin A. The foods below equal what you would need to satisfy your daily vitamin A requirements. You would have to consume 6 cups of iceberg lettuce or 1/3 of a cup of romaine lettuce or only 1/10 of a cup of kale—amazing!
Now can you see why kale is a great way to lose weight—sorry, I mean getting your body healthy? You’re going to lose weight to the degree that you get healthy.
So here’s the plan! VERY SIMPLE
Drink at least 1 kale shake a day (before breakfast). If you can do 2 or 3 (before lunch and dinner) it would be even better.
Take 6 (six) Sea Kelp tablets (400-550mg tablets) per day. This is to ensure you consume enough iodine, as kale and other cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, broccoli, etc.) can deplete iodine. You can get Sea Kelp at any health food store.
I also recommend you add lemon juice (1 tsp. per 8 oz glass) to the water you drink. As you flood your body with nutrients, cravings will gradually disappear and you’ll be able to control what you eat better and better. It is impossible to do any diet long term with cravings. Why not make it easy on yourself?
So far I have gotten over 250,000 people to do this and the results have been phenomenal!
Right now, don’t change anything in your diet. Just add the kale shake(s) before your meal(s). But always, consume at least 1 kale shake each day.
As you do this, your body will start to get the nutrients it has been missing and you’ll feel more and more satisfied. No more cravings will help you avoid the bad things making it a lot easier. This is one of the easiest lifestyle changes you can implement.
What does kale do for your body?
Kale is a super food, which has:
- Special cholesterol-lowering benefits!
- Loads of fiber!
- Risk-lowering benefits from cancer of the bladder, breast, colon, and prostate!
- Factors that support detoxification!
- Unique anti-inflammatory benefits!
- Lots of vitamins A, C and K!
- Is this diet only for weight loss?
- No way! It should be consumed by anyone who wants to get healthy and stay healthy.
- How many kale shakes is recommended per day?
- At Least 1 in the morning, but 2 or 3 (before meals) would be even better.
- When should I drink them?
- I recommend consuming a kale shake before meals. I consume at least 1 kale shake every day, and many times I do another for lunch. Many of my clients do 3 per day.
- How long do I do the Kale Shake Diet for?
- I would do it for as long as you want to be healthy.
- How long does it take to notice effects?
- I have noticed amazing changes within 24-48 hours of consuming the kale shakes.
- What type of effects might this diet create?
- Most people notice less cravings, more energy, weight loss, more satisfaction after eating, and less hunger as well as better sinus function due to the high levels of vitamin A. You may also notice your skin improving too.
- Should I also change the rest of my diet?
- This is the easiest diet you can do, if you want to call it a diet. It’s designed to make the least amount of change and get the most benefit. However, for the complete eating plan, I would recommend the eating plan(s) out of my book The 7 Principles of Fat Burning.
- Is it okay for small children or a pregnant mother?
- Can eating kale, a cruciferous vegetable, cause thyroid problems?
- Because kale is a part of the cruciferous family and cruciferous foods tend to deplete iodine, some people avoid cruciferous foods because of the potential for affecting their thyroid. First of all, kale has the lowest effect of all the cruciferous vegetables in depleting iodine. However, I recommend adding Sea Kelp (6 capsules per day; 2 with meals) each day. You can get Sea Kelp at any health food store; and the one that contains between 400-550 mg. per capsule.
- Can eating kale increase my chances of developing kidney stones (oxalate stones)?
- There is some documentation that states consuming kale may trigger the formation of kidney stones in certain conditions. During the past 25 years, I have yet to see this. But just to make sure, simply add some lemon juice (1 tps. or 1/4th of an actual lemon) to each glass of water you consume to counter the formation of potential kidney stones. The benefits of kale far outweigh the potential problem of kidney stones.